Wednesday 14 July 2010

summer faerie

well I sat there, peering out from under my parasol at the large men with even
larger beards all swiping at each other with big sticks as they danced
lightly backwards and forwards in time to the diddly diddly music that echoed
up the valley........well that was last year and with those images still
fresh in my mind, Moomin and I decided to go to the Belstone summer fayre last
Sunday to get another folk fix (as it was July.....and you just have to)
Arriving late it seemed that all of north Dartmoor was there as we had to park the car
just out of the village!- a pain as we had to negotiate point A (the car)
to point B (the fayre) via point T (trees) as the sun (point S) was scorching and
I had to maintain tree cover as 1 I burn easy and 2 it takes a lot of effort to 
keep this translucent vampyrish complexion intact- 
Mca and Nic had already parked in the shade and had gone off up to
the very exiting sounding 'white spider directissma' to climb up rocks......I fancied
the idea of sitting on top of that one looking all windswept and moody but, er..
wrong time of day to be doing that plus the fact my freckles tend to
come out in daylight and that's such a bad look for me- 
hey...we found another potential home for angelvixen in the shape of the old
telegraph office that had the coolest door, all archy and gothic with studs
and things- ideas seem to flow between us before a very small horse
walked up and  decided to be my very best friend covering me in 
ginger horse hairs- eventually we caught up with Nic and Mca
in the car park and decided that ice cream from the service station 
and a game of 'match the customer to the car' should be the next move
before teatime......service station lady chuckled "fab ice lolly for the 
sporty outdoor type girly covered in chalky stuff.....magnum dark for 
the goth chick covered in.....ewww orange hair!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment